I’m didn’t start out intending to write book reviews. I have enjoyed reading an number of books over the last two years and decided that when I came across a good one, I would write a review.
The books I recommend:
19. ★★★★ Book reviewed on 16 February 2013. The Neighbors by Ania Ahlborn. You can read my review.
18. ★★★★ Book reviewed on 22 January 2013. Sandcastle and Other Stories by Justin Bog. You can read my review.
17. ★★★★ Book reviewed 17 January 2013. Can’t Live Without by Joanne Phillips. You can read my review.
16. ★★★★ Book reviewed on 29 December 2012. The Artemis Affect by Kasia James. You can read my review.
15. ★★★★★ Book reviewed on 13 November 2012. Greaveburn by Criag Hallam. You can read my review.
14. ★★★★ Book reviewed on 26 September 2012. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. You can read my review.
13. ★★★★ Book reviewed on 14 September 2012. Forever Odd by Dean Koontz. You can read my review.
12. ★★★★ Book reviewed on 8 June 2012. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. You can read my review.
11. ★★★★★ Book reviewed on xx May 2012. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. You can read my review.
10. ★★★★ Book reviewed 19 May 2012. Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz. You can read my review.
9. ★★★★★ Book reviewed on 7 May 2012. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. You can read my review.
8. ★★★★★ Book reviewed on 21 April 2012: The Flower Bowl Spell by Olivia Boler. You can read my review.
7. ★★★★★ Book reviewed on 8 April 2012: Dexter is Delicious by Jeff Lindsay. You can read my review.
6. ★★★★ Book reviewed on 4 February 2012: Hell’s Corner by David Baldacci. You can read my review and check out David’s official website.
5. ★★★★★ Book reviewed on 29 January 2012: Drowning Rose by Marika Cobbold. You can read my review and check out Marika’s website.
4. ★★★★★ Book reviewed on 23 January 2012: Wild Child by Mike Wells. You can read my review and check out Mike’s website.
3. ★★★★★ British Crime novel: Good As Dead by Mark Billingham.This is the 10th DI Tom Thorne novel and his 11th overall. You can read my review and check out his website at www.markbillingham.com.
2. ★★★★★ Book. Reviewed on 30 October 2011. This is a collection of short stories: Not Before Bed by Craig Hallam.This is a taster for things to come as Craig’s debut novel Greaveburn is due to be published in July 2012. You can read my review, download or buy the book on Amazon USA. You can keep up to date with what Craig is doing through his blog at craighallam.wordpress.com.
1. ★★★★★ Book. Reviewed 19 October 2011. The Horror book: Seed by Ania Ahlborn.This was first book review I wrote for the blog. The book was so good I had to review it. Read my review. Download the book on Amazon USA and Amazon UK. You can check out Ania through her blog at aniaahlbornblogs.wordpress.com.
Happy reading. Let me know what books you like and I’ll try to check them out.
I can recommend a non-fiction book that’s topical if not fashionable. Sebastian Jung’s ‘War’ is an account of a journalist and photographer(latter recently killed on another assignment) embedded with a U.S. unit in Afghanistan over 15 months. Believe me, this is above average stuff in that field and is at times heart-rending. If you wish I can mail my copy to you. You may have read Jung’s astounding novel, The Perfect Storm, subject of a major film starring George Clooney. He’s a natural writer. I have to confess an interest here. My youngest grandson, Sean, is doing a second tour over there with the 2nd Rifles, almost in the same place my father – his grandfather – served exactly 100 years ago, with the Royal Irish Fusiliers. So, in the grand scheme of things, he might be exchanging shots with the grandsons of the same enemy his grandfather did! Weird, eh? Let’s hope they miss each other too!
Thank you for your comments.
I haven’t read anything by Junger before so I’ll investigate the book you mention. It is very kind of you to offer to lend me your copy.
I hope your grandson is alright. It is weird to think that generations could be re-enacting the battles of years and wars gone by.
Hello Mr. Denton. Please forgive me, but I did not quite figure out a better place to put this. I needed to stop by and thank you for reading and liking one of my humble posts. Cheers to all your hard work, and may 2012 bring you prosperity, happiness, and good health.
Thanks for visiting and for the kind words. Good luck with your blogging too!