It has been a great few months in blogland and I am humbled to have been nominated for more awards.
When I received my first blogging award I wasn’t sure about the awards thing, but I’ve realised that it is a great way to pass on thanks and support to fellow bloggers. I appreciate the kinds thoughts sent my way and like would like to reciprocate by passing them on.
I’ve received nominations for both the Liebster and Versatile Blogger Awards before and have chosen not to nominate any blog that I have previously nominated for an award.
The Liebster Blog Award
I received another nomination for the Liebster Blogging Award from Beyond Confessions.
Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging.
As I put in my original acceptance post this is a nice award to spread a little love and encouragement to keep us blogging and I hope it is accepted in that spirit.
The rules are simply:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Hope that the people you’ve sent the award to forward it to their five favourite bloggers and keep it going!
There are a number of great new blogs I discover every day and I am nominating Liebster Awards to:
Thanks again to Beyond Confessions for thinking of me.
The Versatile Blogger Award
This rules for accepting this award are as follows:
1. Thank the award-givers and link back to them in your post. Check.
2. Share 7 things about yourself. Cheating check.
3. Pass this award along 15 or 20. Check
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award. Check.
From my original post the seven things about me.
#2. Seven things about me:
1. My favourite musician is his purpleness – Prince. I’ve seen him live 4 times and they are the best concerts I’ve ever seen. My iPod is full of his music and I like it that way!
2. I love watching live sport. Anything. My wife says if two people started throwing bolts into a bin on the street and they said it was the world championships, I would stop and watch it.
3. I suffer from migraines. My gravatar might look like I’m wearing sunglasses, but they are just my glasses. My life is dark! Maybe that is why my writing is too?
4. I wrote a dungeons and dragons book when I was thirteen.
5. My favourite TV programme is – The West Wing. I was late arriving at that party, it had finished before I started watching it, but I’ve seen it three times now and I LOVE IT!
6. I am a crazy, fanatical Liverpool Football Club fan. I used to be a season ticket holder, but now try and attend a couple of games a year and watch or listen to EVERY game. The best game I went to was at (the old) Wembley to watch the 1986 FA Cup final against Everton.
7. I love Whitby. We’ve rented a house overlooking the sea for the last couple of years. It is soooo relaxing to sit and watch the world go by and hear the sea lap against the rocks. The picture is from the house looking away from Whitby.
Versatile Blogger Awards to:
Thanks again to Shannon, Pam and Valerie for the nominations.