Okay, let me start with the apology.
Over the last few months (or more) I’ve been nominated for some blogging awards (I know! Go figure.) and have been tardy in my responses.
I like pass on the awards to bloggers who I haven’t nominated before and that often takes time.
Time to right the wrongs.
First up is the ABC (Awesome Blog Content) Award nominated by the fabulous EllaDee Words. This award asks the recipient to name 26 alphabetical things about themselves and then nominate other bloggers.
A – Arthritic. A sign of ageing though I was diagnosed in my thirties. Pesky feet 🙂
B – Blogging. Including the aptly A to Z Blog Challenge happening in April.
C – Challenges. I love competitions and challenges that push you to achieve things.
D – Detectives. I’ve had various attempts at writing Detective books.
E – England. Proud to be English.
F – Follically challenged. Most of my hair fell out one night. I went to bed with a full head of hair and woke up with nothing.
G – Golfing. I love playing golf. I’m no good and A prevents me from playing much these days.
H – Honest. I once handed in a £10 note I found on a shop floor in case the owner came back for it.
I – Injury. I’ve broken, dislocated, embedded, fractured, strained, ruptured and twisted things down the years.
J – Journey. We’re all on our own journeys and after years of meandering, I feel like I know where I’m headed. At last!
K – Ketchup. Or tomato sauce as we would say. I like it. A lot. Put it on everything 🙂
L – Liverpool. The Football Club – The Mighty Reds 🙂
M –Myopic. Hence the needs for S
N – NaNoWriMo. I was really pleased to take part in Camp NaNo last year. One of the winners 🙂
O – Opal Fruits. Made to make your mouth water sweets. Now called Starburst. I ate a ton of these growing up.
P – Piscean. Hence my love for W, I think.
Q – Quality. Try to produce my best in anything I do.
R – Respect. I try to respect everyone the same way I want to be respected myself.
S – Spectacles. Been wearing them since I was 11
T – Tourettes. Musical to be precise. I posted about it here.
U – University. I regretted not going to university when I left school, but I enjoyed my time at the Open University even though I only stayed for the diploma in Creative Writing. Any more courses would have taken time away from my writing.
V – Very. One of those words you should NEVER use. Very unnecessary. 😉
W – Whitby. My favourite seaside town. As a fish water relaxes me. See P
X – X-ray. Boring answer I know, but I’ve had numerous x-rays down the years thanks to all the things mentioned at I.
Y – Young at heart. I’m still 15 in my head.
Z – Zzzzzz. Nap time.
My nominations for this award are as follows:
Kourtney over at Kourtney Heintz’s Journal nominated me for the Sunshine Award. The Sunshine Award rules:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog. Done.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself. Done.
- 10-12 other fabulous bloggers must be nominated. 5 is my limit.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated. Done.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you. Done.
1 – Favourite colour: Red
2 – Favourite animal : Cats
3 – Favourite number: 7
4 – Favourite non-alcoholic drink: Orange Cordial
5 – Prefer Facebook or Twitter? Not on Facebook so has to be Twitter
6 – My passion: Writing
7 – Prefer getting or giving presents: I like both 🙂
8 – Favourite pattern: 4-3-3 (It’s a football thing)
9 – Favourite day of the week: Monday. I don’t work Mondays
10 – Favourite flower: Magnolia
Here’s how it works:
1. The nominee should visit the award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/) and leave a comment indicating that they have been nominated and by whom. (This step is so important because it’s the only way that we can create a blogroll of award winners).
2. The Nominee should thank the person that nominated them by posting & including a link to their blog.
3. Share one random thing about yourself in your blog post.
4. Select at least five other bloggers that you enjoy reading their illuminating, informative posts and nominate them for the award.
5. Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog, including a link to the award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/).
One fact about me:
I once played a Munchkin in a school play of The Wizard of Oz. I kid you not! If my sister is reading this post, she played Dorothy no less 🙂
My Nominations are:
The Rules of Acceptance:
Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post. Done
Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself. Done
Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire. You’re getting 5 🙂
Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them. Done
Oh, my God are there any more things about me to share???
1) I met DARTH VADAR once. Okay, the actor David Prowse who was also the Green Cross Man.
2) Star Wars is one of my favourite films.
3) I’ve probably seen Star Wars more times than any other film.
4) I still harbour ambitions to write a film script.
5) Script writing was one of the reasons why I enrolled in the Open University Creative Writing course. It was one of the assignments.
6) The Open University Creative Writing course lead me to this wonderful world of blogging.
7) Via my writing group: The Steel City Writers, who were all part of the same course.
Nominations go to …
The final award for now, I have received my THIRD nomination for the Liebster Award from jdanryan over at Raging Gail.
Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers generally with less than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging. I’m using the old school rules, which are:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you. Done
2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog. Done
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog. Done
4. Hope that the people you’ve sent the award to forward it to their five favourite bloggers and keep it going! Fingers crossed
My nominations are:
That’s more than enough for now. Since starting this post I’ve received MORE nominations. I’ll save them for another day.
Thanks for reading and thanks again to these really cool bloggers for nominating my little old blog. 🙂