This is my 50th post. YAY!
I started blogging back in September last year and didn’t think I would get to the half-century. Thank you for all your comments and encouragement, they have helped me with my journey.
I am a bit behind with acknowledging some blogging awards, so I thought I would celebrate this post to pass on my thanks to Dolly over at AllAboutLemon who has nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Her blog is a FANTASTIC and I recommend you check it out. Very Inspirational herself, which was why she was nominated. :)
I have read a few posts recently highlighting divided opinion on blogging awards. Some people don’t like them and others love them. I take the approach that they can help introduce you to new bloggers and for this award I’ve been able to pass on thanks to those bloggers who inspire me.
Rules for this award:
1.Thank the person who nominated you. Thanks again, Dolly.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass the award to 7 nominees…
7 things about me:
1. I love my magnolia tree. It burst into bloom recently. It’s a shame that the flowers don’t last long enough.
2. I love ketchup.
3. I had a piece of snooker chalk embedded in my eyelid when I was 8. I wrote about this for a Life Writing assignment for my OU creative writing course, maybe I’ll share that with you some time.
4. I think hayfever is very naughty. It makes me cry.
5. I worked at Sheffield Magistrates court on work experience after I left school. That was an interesting experience though most of the time MIND-NUMBINGLY boring.
6. I like driving the little golf buggy almost as much as actually playing golf.
7. I used to make a wicked Lemon-curd ice-cream. I haven’t made this for a few years, maybe I will make another one soon now I’ve thought about it again!
My 7 nominations are:
1. http://jelizabethhill.wordpress.com/ Julie is on her writing journey and her posts have inspired me to open Word and do some more writing, another couple of hundred words.
2. http://secretlifeofamanhattancallgirl.wordpress.com/ Stella Marr’s blog is an inspiration. To read what other people have had to overcome makes me appreciative for what I have.
3. http://dodgingcommas.wordpress.com/ Dodging Commas was one of the first blogs I followed. Stef has posted some great grammatical advice but also truly inspirational posts on uprooting herself to Singapore to live and teach.
4. http://shannonhowell.wordpress.com/ Shannon M. juggles family life with writing at times when most people would still be asleep. Her blog has some great observations on a writing life. And she is a statistician to boot.
5. http://limebirduk.wordpress.com/ The LimeBird Writers have great advice, stories and prompts. Many different writers posting to help boost your creative juices.
6. http://kourtneyheintz.wordpress.com/ Her blog is a great read anyway, but the climb through the rounds of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest is another inspiring journey a writer is on. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Kourtney.
7. http://lineofserenity.wordpress.com/ Joyce’s aim is to spread good news daily and I look forward to reading Funny Friday each week. Everyone should aim to spread good news.
Thanks again to Dolly for the nomination. For the record if it hadn’t been you that nominated me, you would have been one of my seven nominees and I’m not just saying that :)
Thanks for reading and here’s to the next 50 :D